Dr. Price is the first urologist in East Texas to offer Rezūm, a revolutionary treatment option for men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Rezūm water vapor therapy is a minimally invasive treatment option for men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
This FDA-approved treatment uses the stored thermal energy in water vapor (steam) to treat the extra prostate tissue that is causing symptoms such as frequency, urgency, irregular flow, weak stream, straining and getting up at night to urinate.
The treatment, which I provide in my office, delivers targeted, controlled doses of thermal energy in the form of water vapor to the region of the prostate that is causing symptoms.
I provide Rezūm for my practice because it:
- Is an alternative to BPH medications
- Relieves symptoms safely and effectively1
- Provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks
- Is a simple in-office/out-patient therapy
- Does not require general anesthesia
- Preserves erectile and urinary functions1
- Allows my patients to return to regular activities within a few days1
- Is considered medically necessary by Medicare and covered by most private insurance*
If this is an option that you would like to discuss, please contact my office to set up an appointment. You also can learn more at www.rezum.com.
1McVary KT, Gange SN, Gittelman MC, et al. Minimally Invasive Prostate Convective Water Vapor Energy Ablation: A Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Study for the Treatment of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Secondary to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. The Journal of Urology. 016;195(5):1529-1538. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2015.10.181.
*my office will verify coverage with your insurance prior to your treatment.